Rule 4: Change your writing location to spark creativity.
To be honest, I didn’t come up with this rule, but I love it. Kimberly Willis Holt suggested it at a writers’ conference. A different view seems to uncover some kaleidoscopic spark in the gloomy gray matter of the brain.
With cool fall temperatures that allow me to be outside, I am ready with my new location on the patio swing and an excellent view. I’ve inventoried my supplies:
• Glass of iced tea – check
• Cup of very sharp pencils – check
• Cup of highlighters and various colored pens – check
• Long legal college ruled writing pad – check
• Revision file folders – check
My view of lantana and goldenrod fans that spark into flame, so you’ll please excuse me if I cut this blog short and get after those rewrites while the fire is still burning.